Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Life's Mate

Today, I am spending all my time with my precious husband. He was admitted to the hospital about 36 hours ago for observation during a medication change for his heart rhythm. We have laid together in his twin-sized hospital bed, sat in chairs, walked around and around and around and around and around the small unit several times, visited with our children and grandchildren, and eaten meals together. We have talked to one another and prayed together.

Our world has slowed down for a short time. I listen to and watch my life's mate today and am reminded of why I love him so much. He's a man of God, he's trustworthy, he has strong integrity, he loves his children and grandchildren with all his heart, and he loves and takes care of me. I am so blessed to be married to this special fellow! I will say a special thanks to the Maker of our souls tonight for his wisdom in bringing a young man from Colorado to Indiana to share his life with me.

Lord, thank you for bringing this man to me and for giving us a life together. Place your healing hand on his heart and make it beat in a healthy way. I love him so.

No comments:

Post a Comment