Thursday, July 15, 2010

Time To Return!

It's been four months since my last blog. Not good! Even though it's been a L O N G time, since my last write, I've been meditating a lot about the whole idea of integrity. I've found that there's a LOT I can sermonize about it, but that's not what it's all about...for me. It's about this.

Do I live every moment of every day in Truth? Am I honest with myself about my actions and reactions, about the words I say and the words I edit, about my motives, about my emotional self? Sounds like an awful lot of introspection, doesn't it!

To be a person of strong integrity, I must be introspective, but even more than that, I must spend time meditating on the Word of God, on the messages I receive from my pastors on Sunday mornings, on the conversations I have with my family, friends, and acquaintances, and in simple quietness. I must remember to take time to "Be still, and know that I am God."

I'm so glad that He's still workin' on me. I'm not done yet! Shhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment