Thursday, March 11, 2010

Growing Christians-Introduction

Over the past couple of months, our pastor has been preaching a series of sermons about the growing Christian. The messages have been interesting...insightful...inspiring....and yes, convicting. I appreciate very much the work our pastor is doing on our my behalf.
Sunday before last, our pastor provided five areas in our lives that we need to inspect to see if we are continuing to grow spiritually. He mentioned at the end of his message that we, as a congregation and personally, need to take a look at least one of these areas and ask the Lord to take control of it and make us more like Him.
I had some trouble isolating to just one area. After meditating about this, I have decided that I need to grow in every area suggested. I would like to take some time to share with my readers how I have arrived at this belief.
The scripture used for this series of thoughts is Ephesians 4:25-32:
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your moths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. An d do not grieve the Holy spirit of god, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling, and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind an compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

The first area I will be discussing is Personal Integrity. Tune in to my next blog and read what I am thinking. I'd love to see your comments after you have read it.

1 comment:

  1. Our last sermon was from the same area and dealt with the words we speak...particularly gossip and anger. Wish it would have been less about anger and more about gossip.

    ReplyDelete