Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today is the Sabbath...
  • Dave and I made coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate early this morning for our church congregation...
  • We went to Christian Education class and discussed Jewish people who were martyred for their faith - from the book in the Apochropha, II Maccabees...
  • I stood in for a gal who was on vacation at our church's Connection Center and got to meet a family new to our church this morning...
  • Worshiped with my husband, children, and grandchildren.
After church...
  • We picked up a quick sandwich with the two of our daughters and their families...
  • Watched our eight year old granddaughter, Runt Runt (as Granny called her), play soccer in her tournament...
  • Came home with our youngest daughter and her family and played with our 15 month old granddaughter (dollies...rock,rock,rock on the rocking horse, toy basket "stuff," and ate teddy bear crackers and coooookies...
  • Picked up pictures of the two above-mentioned little ladies at Sears...
  • Dropped by our middle daughters' home to show and give her pictures...
  • Brought Runt Runt back with us for a couple of hours, and...
  • Made a ham/broccoli and cheese/pasta casserole for this week's lunches.
Now...
  • They've all gone home...
  • Our cat, Charlie, is laying on the bed with me...
  • My husband is laying quietly beside me...
  • And he just said, "Well, we got it ALL done today, didn't we?!
  • "Yes," I said, and we begin a new week!
Happy Birthday, Daddy. You would have been 81 years old today.
I will always love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment